Sunday, June 7, 2009

Budget Software and Garage Sale Hunting

Katy asked me last week in the comments section- what budget software do I recommend? We actually use Quicken which is compatible with a MAC or a PC. We do not budget in the sense of getting cash out for each category. We have found that being careful at the grocery store and otherwise helps us to stay within a given budget. Some people need the visual and use the cash- that is awesome. For anyone struggling with debt- school loans, credit cards or the like I would highly recommend Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. If you have a success story that you would like to share, please leave it in the comments section.

I worked our church garage sale this weekend, and found a lot of great cheap finds. At the top of the list were- a cute silk shirt for myself- $2. A 2-in-1 grocery cart/highchair cover for infants - $4- never been used. A Gap backpack for my daughter for preschool- $1. A Spiderman costume for Halloween- $3. Lots of great quality clothing for the kids - $1 a piece. I only buy stuff that is in immaculate condition and try to get the name brand stuff. I got brands such as Gymboree, Ralph Lauren, and Children's Place- all $1 a piece. Feel free to share your favorite garage sale finds in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment